mercredi 13 août 2014

A fun and surreal conversation!

Exchanging mails with futur guests coming over !

Guest : We would like the rooms to have a single bed configuration: double, queen or king.

Me : I will make separate beds in both rooms.

Guest : I am not sure that we are together as far as the beds are concerned--we would like one bed in each room (I am not sure if that is a king-two beds together,  a queen or a double)

Me  The tower Suite will have only separate beds as you asked me.
There is one room with a double bed and a single bed, this can be for 2 person and the second room will be with 2 separate beds,

Guest : Our only question remains about the beds in the rooms.  If it is possible, we would like to have a single bed in each room that will sleep two people.  If that is not possible, two single beds in each room will work for us.

Me  I am sorry but I am not sure to understand exactly what you want for the beds.
We can do what ever you want in any case.
If I understand a single bed for you can be for 2 people sleeping in it? And you would like one bed for 2 in each room whichi s exactly how the beds are made.

Guest : I understand why this is confusing.  I am familiar with calling a small bed that sleeps one person a single bed but on my last email I used the word single to mean one bed.  One bed for two is exactly how we desire and so all is good as you have it.

Me :  I am sorry. I didn't understand.
So you will have a king sized bed in each room which we call a "double bed" (un lit double) :-)

Wahoo! We made it, they won't sleep on the floor!

In French, a single bed is for one person. We call it un lit simple or a one space bed.
I understand that in English a single bed is one bed but can be for 2 !
For a couple we would say  a double bed or a big bed.

I also discovered that a cot is not only a baby bed but can also be an extra bed for an adult, wether it is British English or American English !
That day I was waiting for a baby and it was a big 14 years old boy who was in front of me !


Aucun commentaire: